Jen's Life - This is Me.

"A bittergirl is not really bitter. She has crawled though the trenches of heartbreak hell and come through seasoned, experienced, wiser, and funnier. She can take on the world again with her sense of humour intact and a raft of good stories to tell."

Monday, November 13, 2006

Life: not just cereal.

Jocelyne was in Ottawa this weekend so I had a wonderful time spending some time with her. I was sad to see her leave when I brought her to the bus station but I didn't cry! I always like just hanging out with her, just to talk. It's nice to have someone you can relate to, and to tell things to, that you can't really tell anyone else; because they've been there or just because they understand.

Besides the issue I'm having with writing this paper, I've had this whole sense of calm in me. I don't want to sound all spiritual but I think that it's a feeling of acceptance for things. Accepting that I don't have control over certain things, but for other things, I can have control over, like my own happiness, etc. Things tend to work out in the end, and it's the things that happen in between that you have to take in and enjoy, and learn from too. I wonder if a person can change so drastically in such a short period of time...but I think it's possible. You can still be the same person, it's just that your perceptions of things have changed and even though you're still a little bruised, you end up being a stronger person, and maybe even a lil smarter too ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home