Working Girl.
So I thought I would spare people some depressing thoughts and replace them with some normal Jen thinking. Today was quite the busy day, especially since I couldn't sleep last night because I had 'Maneater' in my head while I was trying to fall asleep. Anyway, so I had a doctor's apt, which went well; I seem to be a healthy human being. The only slip of me not thinking clearly (from the lack of sleep) came when I wanted to take the bus West and walked 5 blocks looking for a bus stop, only to realize that I was on a one-way street going East. Oh well, we all have our moments.
I was back at work today, after having a week off for my exams and it was good to be there. I had five days worth of untouched work waiting for me, but I decided not to get stressed about it because they didn't seem to care that we were five days behind in the first place. So I worked through my lunch and stayed late to finish some stuff, even though I'm not even close to being done. It was nice to be back though, and my bud Tom was back from having knee surgery so that was nice. Also, I guess when employees go to cool conferences, they end up coming home with cool toys. Some of the guys went to one and they came back with a cool 'security' bouncy ball that flashed lights when it was bounced and a really cool measuring tape. It's the coolest thing because it has post-its on it and a little pen too...anyway, so I managed to convince them to give them to me so now I have cool toys to keep me entertained.
...
I was back at work today, after having a week off for my exams and it was good to be there. I had five days worth of untouched work waiting for me, but I decided not to get stressed about it because they didn't seem to care that we were five days behind in the first place. So I worked through my lunch and stayed late to finish some stuff, even though I'm not even close to being done. It was nice to be back though, and my bud Tom was back from having knee surgery so that was nice. Also, I guess when employees go to cool conferences, they end up coming home with cool toys. Some of the guys went to one and they came back with a cool 'security' bouncy ball that flashed lights when it was bounced and a really cool measuring tape. It's the coolest thing because it has post-its on it and a little pen too...anyway, so I managed to convince them to give them to me so now I have cool toys to keep me entertained.
...

2 Comments:
At 7:33 PM ,
Matt said...
congrats on the work news. I'd be careful who and where you talk about it though. You don't want to jeapardize it.
At 8:07 PM ,
Jen Read said...
Although you have a good point, who are you to be giving me advice right now.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home