it's late.
So my aunt, uncle, cousins and grandma all came down from Toronto tonight because my uncle David passed away this weekend. They didn't get here until 12:30am so we've been up chatting but now I can no longer handle being awake. Only problem is, I can't fall asleep. Talking about funerals and all the arrangements is really stressful so I'm trying my best to stay out of it. This one in particular is quite stressful so I'm hoping things will all work out. My poor dad and uncle who have to deal with all this stuff. It's times like these where you have to be there for your parents, which is hard, but it's sort of your turn to take care of them, and be there for them because they need you there.
I feel kind of bad but I'm deciding not to mourn really - yet. My uncle was a really laid back guy who didn't like anything serious. I'm trying my best to stay positive instead of seeing all the 'bad' in this whole situation. I guess everyone handles things differently, and you have to respect that. I'm not sure if I'm avoiding the whole situation because I'm trying to stay away from negativity or unhappy things. Who knows.
The last time we were all together was at my cousin Shauna's wedding in June. I had my camera and was taking pictures of family at their tables and randomly took one of my uncle (David) on his own. Turns out that my picture is the one we've blown up for the wake because no one had a recent one of him. Kinda creepy.
Anyway! I will make the most of the next couple of days, I mean, I will be seeing lots of family I haven't seen in a while. It'll also be interesting since my dad's new wife will be meeting my mom for the first time. Oh you can never escape the drama.
I feel kind of bad but I'm deciding not to mourn really - yet. My uncle was a really laid back guy who didn't like anything serious. I'm trying my best to stay positive instead of seeing all the 'bad' in this whole situation. I guess everyone handles things differently, and you have to respect that. I'm not sure if I'm avoiding the whole situation because I'm trying to stay away from negativity or unhappy things. Who knows.
The last time we were all together was at my cousin Shauna's wedding in June. I had my camera and was taking pictures of family at their tables and randomly took one of my uncle (David) on his own. Turns out that my picture is the one we've blown up for the wake because no one had a recent one of him. Kinda creepy.
Anyway! I will make the most of the next couple of days, I mean, I will be seeing lots of family I haven't seen in a while. It'll also be interesting since my dad's new wife will be meeting my mom for the first time. Oh you can never escape the drama.

1 Comments:
At 9:11 AM ,
Dave said...
sorry to hear that dude. Best of luck to your family
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home